Flipkart Affiliate vs Amazon Affiliate
Making money online from affiliate is different from other advertising like Google Adsense (Recommended Affiliate marketing problems). Using Adsense a publisher may earn not only for advertising clicks (CPC) but also on impression generated (CPM). In contrast affiliate commissions are earned only after a visitor clicks an advertisement on your website and finally makes a purchase of some product later at Flipkart/Amazon, this being called cost per action (CPA). Certain niche blogs make far more by promoting related products than Adsense ! Let us compare these most popular affiliate system in India.
- Flipkart and Amazon affiliate are well reputed affiliate system for publisher. Initially Flipkart commission was peanuts but after arrival of Amazon associates (read Amazon affiliates) in July 2013 with high commission rates, at the date of writing both commission rates are almost equal.
- Commission to publishers are given only after an actual purchase(order), payment, shipping and delivery of product. For you to be eligible to earn a referral fee, the customer must click-through a special affiliate link on your site and buy a product during a single session.
Things to note about session
>> It begins when customer clicks through affiliate link on your site to Flipkart / Amazon Site.
>> It ends at 1st occurrence of
- 24 hours elapse from customer’s initial click-through
- customer places an order for a product
- customer follows another third party affiliate link to Flipkart / Amazon Site
- Both do not provide any sample of products you may be required to promote. Whats wrong in asking ! 😉
- While Flipkart have more affiliate products to promote than Amazon affliate in India, this difference is decreasing fast.
FLIPKART AFFILIATE AND AMAZON AFFILIATE DIFFERENCES
- Visitor and tracking report is better for Flipkart.
Flipkart provides details like “Referring Pages” and “Visited Pages” for non converted traffic too. Using these tracking details a publisher can make more informed decision about products to promote, and know what visitors are interested in.
- Flipkart affiliate does not allow you to change your affiliate tracking id, in Amazon affiliate you can add more affiliate tracking id and combine reports for all of them. Different tracking id can be used for better performance analytic.
- No technical support from both, however Amazon affiliate has better documented and categorised help pages than Flipkart’s FAQ page.
- Payment modes available in Flipkart are Cheque/Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or Flipkart Gift card while
Amazon Affiliate india still pays through cheque. Both haveFlipkart threshold limit is of 2500 INR1000 INR for EFT/Cheque but Flipkart Gift card threshold limit is INR 250 only. Amazon started with only Cheque payment but is paying its affilates by EFT too since July 2014. Minimum threshold for Amazon is INR 2500 for Cheque and INR 1000 for EFT. Please check
Amazon India affiliate starts NEFT payment
Flipkart affiliate threshold reduced
- Certain products do not qualify for Referral fee (Kindle ebooks in Amazon). While Amazon has dedicated page for it Flipkart simply ammends their referral commission pages as and when required !
- While both have great affiliate tools, I really like Amazon’s “Associates Site Stripe” which makes grabbing affiliate links a bit easier while browsing Amazon.in pages. In Flipkart you can grab the url and paste it in a text form to get the referral link to be used.
No API support for Flipkart affiliate,Amazon has its robust Amazon Product advertising API with various programming language support including PHP. Flipkart provides you products and offers feed in downloadable CSV format for using. (Update : Flipkart API launched)
None of them are simple to implement, though ! These API helps to tackle common affiliate marketing problems.
Another thing which I noted was that Amazon affiliate operating agreement states
The commission extends to all products the visitor buys and not just the specific product that was advertised.but I was unable to find such clear guideline at Flipkart affiliate terms and conditions. I am not sure if Flipkart will count it as referral fee or not if a user goes through “special link” for android phone and buys Windows phone instead ! Anyways for any query please contact Flipkart affiliate and Amazon affiliate respectively. Happy earning !