Why You Are Not Making Money Blogging I am certain that you…
Tips for Students to Earn Money Online Tips for Students to…
Top 10 Google AdSense Earners in the World Google AdSense is the…
Earn Money Online With Me No Joke Want to earn money :-…
1. Affiliate Marketing: Sell Other People’s Stuff Online Because affiliate marketing does…
I often hear people ask what programming language they should learn first. But the question should be: why do you want to program in the first place? If you are interested in it because it seems fun, then any language will do.
But I have a feeling some of you have bills to pay, and you’re thinking it wouldn’t be so bad if programming could foot some of that.
Now the question is more specific: which programming language should you learn to make money? Now the question is ponderable, but be warned, the answer won’t be the same for everybody.
The good news is that all popular languages are pretty fair in terms of compensation. The median pay today with 3-5 years of experience is around $60-80k/year, but that number can vary wildly, and can be much higher, particularly for folks on the east or west coast, or in consulting. YMMV.
Each language has its popular uses:
|Python/Ruby/PHP||Server-side for websites and mobile apps.|
|HTML||Client-side for websites. Markup language for building web sites, the ‘building block’ of websites.|
|CSS||Client-side for websites. Presentation language for HTML.|
|Java/.Net||Android programming. Server-side for websites, more popular with big businesses.|
|C/C++||High performance (stock trading) or graphics (video games).|
Which programming language should you learn to make money? The bad news is probably not just one. The good news is you don’t need to learn everything about every language, just enough to accomplish your goals.
So which one of these should you pick up first? As you can see, it really depends on how you want to make money.
If you want to program video games or high-frequency trading apps, then C++ is probably the way for you. If you want to make websites, Python, Ruby or PHP are great, along with HTML/CSS/JS. If you want to program IPhone then Objective-C is the way.
In the job market, you would not likely not be using all the languages I suggested, rather jobs are generally broken out by skills:
|Job Role||Skill Set|
|Back-end/Server-side Programmer||Usually uses one of the following: Python, Ruby, PHP, Java or .Net. Has database knowledge. Possibly has some sysadmin knowledge.|
|Mobile Programmer||Objective-C or Java (for Android). HTML/CSS for mobile websites. Potentially has server-side knowledge.|
|3d Programmer/Game Programmer||C/C++, OpenGL, Animation. Possibly has good artistic skill.|
|High-Performance Programmer||C/C++, Java. May have background in mathematics or quantitative analysis.|
Typically, there are folks who deal with the back-end and folks who deal with the front-end. These days there is a new crop of people who do mobile. Sometimes you can find people who do all of the above, but generally when you look for a job you will fill just one of those roles.
Flipkart Affiliate vs Amazon Affiliate
Making money online from affiliate is different from other advertising like Google Adsense (Recommended Affiliate marketing problems). Using Adsense a publisher may earn not only for advertising clicks (CPC) but also on impression generated (CPM). In contrast affiliate commissions are earned only after a visitor clicks an advertisement on your website and finally makes a purchase of some product later at Flipkart/Amazon, this being called cost per action (CPA). Certain niche blogs make far more by promoting related products than Adsense ! Let us compare these most popular affiliate system in India.
- Flipkart and Amazon affiliate are well reputed affiliate system for publisher. Initially Flipkart commission was peanuts but after arrival of Amazon associates (read Amazon affiliates) in July 2013 with high commission rates, at the date of writing both commission rates are almost equal.
- Commission to publishers are given only after an actual purchase(order), payment, shipping and delivery of product. For you to be eligible to earn a referral fee, the customer must click-through a special affiliate link on your site and buy a product during a single session.
Things to note about session
>> It begins when customer clicks through affiliate link on your site to Flipkart / Amazon Site.
>> It ends at 1st occurrence of
- 24 hours elapse from customer’s initial click-through
- customer places an order for a product
- customer follows another third party affiliate link to Flipkart / Amazon Site
- Both do not provide any sample of products you may be required to promote. Whats wrong in asking ! 😉
- While Flipkart have more affiliate products to promote than Amazon affliate in India, this difference is decreasing fast.
FLIPKART AFFILIATE AND AMAZON AFFILIATE DIFFERENCES
- Visitor and tracking report is better for Flipkart.
Flipkart provides details like “Referring Pages” and “Visited Pages” for non converted traffic too. Using these tracking details a publisher can make more informed decision about products to promote, and know what visitors are interested in.
- Flipkart affiliate does not allow you to change your affiliate tracking id, in Amazon affiliate you can add more affiliate tracking id and combine reports for all of them. Different tracking id can be used for better performance analytic.
- No technical support from both, however Amazon affiliate has better documented and categorised help pages than Flipkart’s FAQ page.
- Payment modes available in Flipkart are Cheque/Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or Flipkart Gift card while
Amazon Affiliate india still pays through cheque. Both haveFlipkart threshold limit is of 2500 INR1000 INR for EFT/Cheque but Flipkart Gift card threshold limit is INR 250 only. Amazon started with only Cheque payment but is paying its affilates by EFT too since July 2014. Minimum threshold for Amazon is INR 2500 for Cheque and INR 1000 for EFT. Please check
Amazon India affiliate starts NEFT payment
Flipkart affiliate threshold reduced
- Certain products do not qualify for Referral fee (Kindle ebooks in Amazon). While Amazon has dedicated page for it Flipkart simply ammends their referral commission pages as and when required !
- While both have great affiliate tools, I really like Amazon’s “Associates Site Stripe” which makes grabbing affiliate links a bit easier while browsing Amazon.in pages. In Flipkart you can grab the url and paste it in a text form to get the referral link to be used.
No API support for Flipkart affiliate,Amazon has its robust Amazon Product advertising API with various programming language support including PHP. Flipkart provides you products and offers feed in downloadable CSV format for using. (Update : Flipkart API launched)
None of them are simple to implement, though ! These API helps to tackle common affiliate marketing problems.
Another thing which I noted was that Amazon affiliate operating agreement states
The commission extends to all products the visitor buys and not just the specific product that was advertised.but I was unable to find such clear guideline at Flipkart affiliate terms and conditions. I am not sure if Flipkart will count it as referral fee or not if a user goes through “special link” for android phone and buys Windows phone instead ! Anyways for any query please contact Flipkart affiliate and Amazon affiliate respectively. Happy earning !